Basic Required Documents for a Student Visa Application
You will need the following documents to apply.
(Either your institution will request these from you, OR you will be required to upload these documents if you choose to make an online application).
1 passport size photograph
1 passport size photograph with WHITE background (35mm x 45mm).
A copy of your Passport:
You will be required to submit a copy of your passport. Here’s what we need:
- Your passport data page (bio-data page which shows your face, name etc)
- All pages with Visa information. We don’t need all the pages of your passport. If the page is empty, you do not need to submit it.Note: Students originating from the countries listed below must provide a copy of ALL passport pages during the submission of student pass application to EMGS:
- Observation page (showing any extensions, clarifications of name, and previous passport numbers)
- Recommended passport validity duration is 12 months
Note: For one-off Student Pass applications, the recommended validity is 12 months longer than the duration of study.
- Special Pass or Exit Stamp (if applicable)
A copy of your offer letter is required in order to apply for a student visa in Malaysia. If you are making an online application, you will only be able to fill out the form and submit an application once you have received a letter of acceptance/offer from your university/college.